We welcome all writers of fiction, creative non-fiction and memoir, and poetry.
Whether you're a beginning, intermediate, or advanced writer, Antioch Writers' Workshop programs offer the tools and inspiration you need to take the next steps on your writing path. We offer instruction in the creative writing craft and in the professional skills creative writers need to succeed in the publishing world, as well as opportunities for connecting to a vibrant, supportive creative writing community.
Spring One-Day Seminar on "Paths to Publishing"--Saturday, March 22, 2014
SAVE THE DATE: 29th Annual Summer Program--July 12-18, 2014! Featuring Andre Dubus III and many other Faculty! Check back for updates and announcement of registration opening.
REGISTRATION FOR BOTH OF THE ABOVE PROGRAMS OFFICIALLY OPENS JANUARY 1, 2014; HOWEVER, YOU CAN EMAIL DIRECTOR AT email@example.com TO HOLD A SPOT!
Free Mini-Seminars--all programs held at Books & Co. at The Greene, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
September 8, 2013: Writing Dynamite Dialogue--Led by Novelist Tim Waggoner
October 20, 2013: Writing your life: Journaling--Led by Dawn Koch
November 10, 2013: Writing the Personal Essay/Memoir--Led by Mary McCarty
January 12, 2014: Setting Writing Goals/the business of writing--Led by Erin Flanagan and Sharon Short
February 9, 2014: Writing Flash Fiction--Led by Scott Geisel
March 9, 2014: The Who, What, When of the 29th Annual AWW Summer Program (including Scholarship information!)--Led by faculty, staff and board members of the AWW
April 13, 2014: Celebrate National Poetry Month with A Poem in your Pocket
May 18, 2014: Nature Writing
Your donation makes it possible for Antioch Writers' Workshop to continue offering free programming, such as the Sunday Mini Writers' Workshops and readings during the full week program, as well as scholarship opportunities. And, your donation is entirely tax deductible!
Antioch Writers' Workshop Mission Statement:
The AWW fosters the art and craft of creative writing by supporting writers at all levels through mentorship, community, and inspiration. In support of our mission, we commit to the following goals:
• Create an open and welcoming writing environment through a variety of in-person programs.
• Provide instruction and professional development opportunities geared to a broad range of experience levels.
• Provide opportunities for face-to-face engagement with professional writers, editors, and agents.
• Introduce the work of local and national writers to the greater Miami Valley, Ohio community through open-to-the public readings and similar events.
• Help build the next generation of writers through programming specifically geared to younger writers.
• Provide these opportunities in the Village of Yellow Springs and the greater Miami Valley, Ohio area.