We welcome all writers of fiction, creative non-fiction and memoir, and poetry.
Whether you're a beginning, intermediate, or advanced writer, Antioch Writers' Workshop programs offer the tools and inspiration you need to take the next steps on your writing path. We offer instruction in the creative writing craft and in the professional skills creative writers need to succeed in the publishing world, as well as opportunities for connecting to a vibrant, supportive creative writing community.
Upcoming Programs (REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!):
Spring One-Day Seminar on "Paths to Publishing"--Saturday, March 22, 2014
29th Annual Summer Program--July 12-18, 2014! Featuring Andre Dubus III and many other Faculty!
2013/2014 Free Mini-Seminars--programs held at Books & Co. at The Greene, 2:00-3:30 p.m. Upcoming:
March 9, 2014: The Who, What, When of the 29th Annual AWW Summer Program (including Scholarship information!)--Led by faculty, staff and board members of the AWW
April 13, 2014: Celebrate National Poetry Month with A Poem in your Pocket
May 18, 2014: Nature Writing
Fall 2014 Retreat--September 12-14, 2014
Your donation makes it possible for Antioch Writers' Workshop to continue offering free programming, such as the Sunday Mini Writers' Workshops and readings during the full week program, as well as scholarship opportunities. And, your donation is entirely tax deductible!
Antioch Writers' Workshop Mission Statement:
The AWW fosters the art and craft of creative writing by supporting writers at all levels through mentorship, community, and inspiration. In support of our mission, we commit to the following goals:
• Create an open and welcoming writing environment through a variety of in-person programs.
• Provide instruction and professional development opportunities geared to a broad range of experience levels.
• Provide opportunities for face-to-face engagement with professional writers, editors, and agents.
• Introduce the work of local and national writers to the greater Miami Valley, Ohio community through open-to-the public readings and similar events.
• Help build the next generation of writers through programming specifically geared to younger writers.
• Provide these opportunities in the Village of Yellow Springs and the greater Miami Valley, Ohio area.