We welcome all writers of fiction, creative non-fiction and memoir, and poetry.
Whether you're a beginning, intermediate, or advanced writer, Antioch Writers' Workshop programs offer the tools and inspiration you need to take the next steps on your writing path. We offer instruction in the creative writing craft and in the professional skills creative writers need to succeed in the publishing world, as well as opportunities for connecting to a vibrant, supportive creative writing community.
FREE Writer's Mini-Seminar, "Getting Past The No," November 16, 2014, 2:00-3:30 p.m., led by Tim Waggoner.
Rejection isn't personal... but it certainly feels that way! How can you as writer learn to deal with rejection slips for your work, but keep your own motivation up and running? Get tips and ideas from Tim Waggoner, author of numerous published novels and more than 100 short stories, for keeping on in the tough business of publishing without losing your mojo! This event will be held at Books & Co. at The Greene. See our Sunday Mini-Seminar page for more details.
SAVE THE DATE, July 11-17, 2015, for our 30th Annual Summer Program featuring Keynoter and Craft class leader NIKKI GIOVANNI, as well as instructors John Grogan, Ann Weisgarber, Michael Nye, David B. Coe, Herbert Woodward Martin, Laraine Herring, Agents Elizabeth Kracht and Emma Patterson, and others. Check back MID-NOVEMBER for details and registration!
2015 Spring Seminar--check back for topic/specific schedule.
2014/2015 Free Mini-Seminars--programs held 2:00-3:30 at Books & Co. at The Greene. Schedule:
November 16--"Getting Past the No," led by Tim Waggoner.
December--No mini-seminars... enjoy the holidays!
January 11--"Metaphor and Imagery"
February 8--"Demystifying Social Networking for Writers," led by social marketing expert and published nonfiction author Ashley Bethard.
March 8--"AWW Summer Program: Everything You Need To Know!" led by AWW staff and board members.
April 12--"Write a Poem for Poetry Month," led by published poet Julie Moore
May 17--"Sustainable Inspiration (or, Inspiration vs. Perspiration."
Your donation makes it possible for Antioch Writers' Workshop to continue offering free programming, such as the Sunday Mini Writers' Workshops and readings during the full week program, as well as scholarship opportunities. And, your donation is entirely tax deductible!
Antioch Writers' Workshop Mission Statement:
The AWW fosters the art and craft of creative writing by supporting writers at all levels through mentorship, community, and inspiration. In support of our mission, we commit to the following goals:
• Create an open and welcoming writing environment through a variety of in-person programs.
• Provide instruction and professional development opportunities geared to a broad range of experience levels.
• Provide opportunities for face-to-face engagement with professional writers, editors, and agents.
• Introduce the work of local and national writers to the greater Miami Valley, Ohio community through open-to-the public readings and similar events.
• Help build the next generation of writers through programming specifically geared to younger writers.
• Provide these opportunities in the Village of Yellow Springs and the greater Miami Valley, Ohio area.